Friday, June 24, 2011

California, Yosemite and Youth Camps!

Hey guys!
It's Lisa here, and although I'm afraid I'm too busy to give you a REAL post, I thought I'd update you really quick on what's going on.

We've been in California for almost a week, and I'm really enjoying it! We stayed with a Pastor friend last weekend and saw Yosemite, which is absolutely gorgeous! The teenagers around here are really friendly, and I've made quite a few new friends.

We are now at the Boy's Rodeo Camp, where my family is helping out at another Pastor's ranch. They host two rodeo camps, one for girls (I missed it by a week!) and this week is the boys. There's around 30 boys, mostly under 13, but boy can they rope and tie! On Saturday there'll be a big rodeo competition where the boys will compete for buckles, ribbons and hats. Another girl volunteer taught me how to twirl a lasso today, and I can now say I can rope a dummy cow! It's SUPER hot out here with the temperatures hitting 106 degrees. A lot different than Pennsylvania!

Next week, if everything works out, I'll be going to another youth camp, then heading home. I'll try to get some of my friends to do guest posts, so keep an eye out for that. I just want to say thanks to my wonderful friend Katherine who put up my Memento Mori Review!

Keep hanging in there!
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment