Thursday, June 2, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Church Of Rhythm


Hmmm...Church of Rhythm...who could that be?


Ever heard of.....

Superchick?

Yeah, I thought so! Max Hsu and Dave Ghazarian (members of Superchick) were originally in a band called "Church Of Rhythm" which released 2 full length albums as well as a remix album in the mid-90's. Jason Gregory and Paul Shamoun sang the vocals, with Max and Dave on guitars, Jerome Cunningham played the bass, and Matt Miller hit out the drum beats.

Church Of Rhythm only lasted for about four years (1995-1999) before Max and Dave moved on to Superchick. During that four year period of time, Church Of Rhythm released "Church Of Rhythm" (1995), which sold over 50,000 copies, and "Not Perfect" (1996).


When I was younger, my Grandma gave me a compilation cd called "Music You Can Believe In", which featured Church Of Rhythm's track, "I Still Believe". I LOVED this song as a kid, and played it over, and over, and over.....I don't even remember the rest of the songs on that cd! I rummaged around Youtube, and managed to find this track that some organization made a music video for back in 1996. Enjoy in all it's 90's cheesiness! :P



According to a Superchick interview, Church Of Rhythm split up when all the members except Max and Dave got married. Max and Dave started Superchick, and not long after met Tricia and Melissa Brock. As you well know, the rest is history!

1 comment:

  1. What!?!?! No way! How did I not know this! LoL That is really cool! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete