Sunday, February 20, 2011

Product Review: Altec Lansing Backbeat Plus Earbuds

I love music. I don't just like it, I LOVE it. But how can I love music if it's coming out something awful? Thankfully, that's not the case with my BackBeat Plus earbuds.

 I received the BackBeat classics as a Christmas present a year ago. They had a decent sound quality, but they constantly broke. Altec Lansing has a great warranty, and after my two replacements pairs had broken, they upgraded my classics to the pluses. I have had much better luck with the pluses, as you shall see.

 The design of the Pluses are very comfortable with a rubber ear tip, which comes in three sizes. The design is nice and understated, as they are black with a gold band around the earbud itself. The earbuds are quite comfortable to wear, and they do not push themselves out of the ear. The cord is almost a rope-like material, which helps to protect the cord instead of the thin, fragile rubber that usually coats headphone cords. The only downside of this is if your volume is down low, you can hear the cord brushing against your clothes, but that is only at low volumes.
The sound quality is great! The sound is crisp and clear, yet has a punchy low end, which makes for a great sound overall. I can listen to Escala (Classical) and hear all the beautiful notes, with no muddy sound at all. However, listen to a Britt Nicole or Lecrae song, and you will hear that awesome bass, and not lose the sound quality at all. These are the best earbuds I have ever had, and are quite affordable for $30 at Amazon. Or maybe you could just request it as a Christmas or Birthday present, and get them free. ;)

These earbuds have amazing sound quality, and are quite durable. I have had the Pluses for almost a year, and they have been dropped in the dish water (oops), and still sound great. If your looking for some new earbuds, be sure to check out the Altec Lansing Backbeat Plus earbuds.

Rating: 5 out of 5!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Thanks for posting. I am DESPERATELY in need of new earbuds, so I'll check them out! :)
    -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are definitely worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete