Monday, May 16, 2011

Diary Of A Teenage Girl: "My Name Is Chloe" by Melody Carlson Book Review

Melody Carlson is one of my favorite writers. I've read several books from her True Colors series, but "My Name Is Chloe" was the first book I'd read in the Diary Of a Teenage Girl series.

"My Name Is Chloe" tells the story of Chloe Miller, a rebellious teenager with a gift for music who refuses to fit the stereotype of a normal girl. In the beginning, Chloe struggles with finding her identity, school, bullies, and most of all, the decision of whether or not to accept Christ. However, Chloe is greatly impacted by her friend Caitlin, and other circumstances in life, and decides to accept Christ. Soon Chloe forms the band "Redemption" with her Christian friend Laura and Allie, who is dabbling in witchcraft. Allie later accepts Christ after seeing the change in Chloe's life. However...just because Chloe accepts Christ doesn't mean everything will be smooth sailing now. Chloe's world is rocked by an unjust accusation, and now Chloe must decide whether she can forgive like Christ forgave, or to strike back.


The main plot of the series revolves around Chloe's musical abilities and the formation of Redemption, however, "My Name Is Chloe" is the first book, and tells the story of Chloe and Allie's Salvation, and the very beginnings of Redemption. Overall, "My Name Is Chloe" is a great read! Melody Carlson has the talent to draw the reader in and make you feel like a part of the story. Messages of hope, redemption and forgiveness fill the pages of this book, and the band storyline is fun to follow as well. Be sure to check out the Chloe series of the Diary Of A Teenage Girl books! So far, they've been great, and I recommend them for teenagers all around!

1 comment: